Athletics at the Catholic Academy of Stamford promote good sportsmanship, teamwork and help improve peer relationship skills. Students will be challenged in a safe, creative and fun environment.
BEYOND THE BELL
- MONDAYS - PE Games for Grades PK4, Kindergarten & Grades 1 & 2
- WEDNESDAYS - Team Sports for Grades 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
CAS TEAM SPORTS
Basketball 2023 Standings & Video Links
It's Basketball Season once again! If you have a child in Grades K-5 that is interested in learning basketball skills or already knows how to play and wants some additional practice or if you just want him/her to have some indoor fun during the winter, sign up for CYO basketball! There are 3 levels / age groups:
Kindergarten and First Grade: Saturday mornings 9:00AM-10:00AM
Second and Third Grade: Saturday mornings 10:00AM-11:30AM
Fourth and Fifth Grade: Saturday mornings 11:30AM-1:00PM
Games will be played in the Holy Spirit gym at St. Aloysius School in Stamford - address: 403 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford.
The program runs for 8 weeks and the dates are the following Saturdays in 2023:
January 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th
February 4th, 11th
March 4th, 11th, and *25th (includes one additional date as a make-up day in case of inclement weather)
To Register - click here - CYO Basketball 2023 Registration Link - where you can sign up, complete the permission form and indicate if you would be interested in coaching and also indicate your child's T-shirt size.
This is a recreational, educational league and score is kept only during the 4th and 5th grade games.
Any questions about the CYO Program? Please email the CYO Coordinators, Ed Gayer and Rob Kunec at [email protected]
CAS BASKETBALL (Grades 5-8)
- CAS Basketball teams are open to girls and boys in Grades 5, 6, 7 & 8*
- This year (2022 - 2023 school year) our Girls & Boys practice together 2 times per week on Wednesdays 5:00 - 6:00 pm and on Saturdays mornings 10am - 11am throughout November, December, January & February
- If you are interested in registering, please contact Mr. Gartner
*All students who would like to participate on a CAS Basketball team in Grades 5-8 must have an up-to-date Sports Physical on file with the CAS School Nurse
If you as a parent are interested in volunteering to help Coach Basketball, please contact us and we would be happy to discuss.
Register for the CAS Cheer Team for the 2023-2024 School Year!
In 2022 we launched our 1st CAS Cheer Team and 16 students joined our team in its inaugural season led by our Cheer Coach Kimberly Ramon (Coach K). Coach K has over 20 years experience in competitive Cheerleading, Dancing and Tumbling. Coach K was the Captain of her Middle School and High School Cheer teams and was formally trained in Tumbling and Cheerleading Safety at Hofstra University.
The Cheer team practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays right after school at 2:05 - 3:30 pm. Next year, the Cheer team will be a full year team and will train in the Fall, Winter and Spring at the same times (Tuesdays & Thursdays) in line with the Beyond the Bell Session 1, 2 & 3 session dates. Cheer Registration includes all training sessions, uniform rental fee (Shell, Skirt & Poms), Team Hoodie, practice T-shirt & shorts, Cheer sneakers, Duffle bag, Bow, Half-top, briefs and socks. The full year total cost for a RETURNING Cheer team member is $345. The full year cost for a NEW CHEERLEADER is $490.
Cheer team registration is open to all girls and boys that will be in Grades 4-8 in the 2023-2024 school year. Registration will be open until July 1st which is the deadline for Cheer Registration for next year. Register now but your FACTS account will not be billed until after 7/1.
Please direct all questions about Sports for either Beyond the Bell or Team Sports to our CAS Athletic Director - Mr. Gartner ([email protected])
Below is a list of sports that CAS students are currently participating in the Stamford community:
- Stamford Lacrosse - Lacrosse for Girls and Boys - Grades K to 8
- Stamford Youngtimers Girls Basketball - Girls Basketball - Grades K to 8
- High Rise Basketball - Boys and Girls Basketball Grades K to 12
- Stamford Stars Softball - Girls Softball Ages 4 to 14
- Stamford Track and Field Club - Boys and Girls Track and Field - Grades PK to Grade 12
- SNALL Little League - Little League Baseball open to Ages 4 to 12
- Stamford Soccer - Recreation and Travel Soccer open to Girls and Boys ages 4 to 19
- Stamford Ninja - "Ninja Warriors Academy" - Classes open to kids ages 5 to 14
- The Dojo of Stamford - Martial Arts for children ages 4 to 16
- Stamford Youth Hockey - Hockey for Boys and Girls ages 4 to 19
- City Lacrosse - Lacrosse for Boys and Girls - Grades PK to 12
- Chelsea Piers Soccer Program - Soccer for Girls and Boys ages 2 to 19
- Tiger Schulmann's Mixed Martial Arts - Karate and Mixed Martial Arts - Boys and Girls ages 5 to 18
- Master Na's Traditional Martial Arts
- Code Ninjas
- Stamford Stingrays - Pre-Swim Team and Swim Team for Ages 5 to 16
- Summer Musical Theatre Program at Stamford Palace