Principal – Lower and Upper School
I am grateful to have enjoyed the benefits of Catholic education in elementary school, high school, and college. I was fortunate to begin my teaching career at St. John Chrysostom School in the Bronx. St. John Chrysostom School was my family’s legacy school and the school in which my two older children attended from Pre - K3-Grade 8. The love of Christ and education was instilled in me through the teachings of the Dominican Sisters of Sparkill and I will forever be thankful for the love, discipline, and dedication that they provided my family and I. During my time at St. John Chrysostom School, I sat on the school board committee for three years and was a mentor to new teachers for seven years. It was becoming a mentor to these teachers where I aspired to become an administrator.
Joining the Diocese of Bridgeport in 2016 as principal of Our Lady Star of the Sea School allowed me the opportunity to work hands on as principal and build relationships with teachers, students, and parents alike for the betterment of Catholic education and for the students we served.
As a Catholic school administrator, it is my goal to ensure that a high quality education is provided to each student with Christ at the center of all learning. I view a collaborative school environment as the key to creating successful teachers and students. I believe partnerships with parents and community are essential to enriching the experience at The Catholic Academy of Stamford.
- Dual Masters Program- School Building Leadership and District Leader (Mercy College)
- Dual Masters Program- Childhood Education 1-6 and Special Education (Mercy College)
- Criminal Justice Administration and Planning- Concentration Juvenile Justice (John Jay College)
- Phi Delta Kappa 2008-Present, Mercy College
- Magna Cum Laude 2005-Present, John Jay
- Internship School Building District Leader Certification- New York State
- 13 years as a Catholic school teacher in Grades 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
- Catholic school principal
- Magna Cum Laude graduate