Rita J. Keane
Pre K-4 Teacher Assistant
I was born, raised, and currently reside in Stamford, CT. I am a true believer in Catholic education. My three sons, ages 31, 26 and 23, were fortunate enough to attend Catholic schools from Pre-K through high school, where they received a wonderful academic and faith-based education. I was very involved in their schools as a volunteer and also as a member of various fundraising committees.
Upon graduating from the University of Connecticut, I started working at Pitney Bowes in Stamford. After the birth of my first child, I chose to stay home to raise my family. Once my third child began pre-school, I went back to work as an assistant nursery school teacher, rotating between two, three, and four year old classrooms. I immediately discovered I loved working with children. What a rewarding experience! 18 years later, I cannot imagine doing anything else, and I am very excited and proud to be a part of the Catholic Academy of Stamford.
- BS. Marketing, University of Connecticut
- 6 years at Pitney Bowes, Stamford, CT—Commissions Clerk and Cost Accountant
- 16 years as an assistant nursery school teacher at Playland Nursery School and Day Camp in New Canaan
- 7 years as a staff member in the after school program at St. Cecilia’s Elementary School.
- 3 years as an office facilitator at Playland Nursery School and Day Camp during the summer months
- 2 years as a kindergarten assistant teacher at St. Cecilia’s Elementary School.