Mr. Steve Terenzio
My zeal for Catholic education may be expressed in no better manner than with the words of St. John Chrysostom: “What greater work is there than training the mind and forming the habits of the young.” In carrying out this most awesome task, I am ever mindful that souls have been placed in my care, and it is my privilege to assist parents in directing those students under my charge toward their final, heavenly destination.
I well understand that the profession of being a Catholic school teacher would be quite an audacious one if not for the available means of grace at the disposal of both teacher and student upon which nature may build. In the proper sense of the term, it is the “whole child” that is taught and the whole adult that does the teaching. This can only be accomplished in its fullest sense by incorporating the supernatural with the natural, the divine with the human.
To this exciting venture at the Catholic Academy of Stamford, I pledge my most sincere effort.
- M.A. Religious Studies (St. Joseph’s College, Yonkers, NY)
- B.A. History (Southern Connecticut State College, New Haven)
- 35 years with Catholic schools in Fairfield and Westchester counties
- Nine years of Catholic school administration in Bridgeport and New York
- Two years as Director of Religious Education in the Diocese of Bridgeport
- Board member of Catholic Media Apostolate
- Publications in various national Catholic journals such as Crisis and St. Austin Review magazines