Daniel A. Gartner
Physical Education/Spanish PK – 5
I began my career in the corporate world of banking and financial software working in the US, and also abroad in Spain and England. While living in Spain, I earned my Master of Arts degree in Spanish from the University of Madrid. After living and working abroad for 7 years, my wife and I moved back to the United States and settled in Harrison, New York. I went back to school at night to obtain a Masters of Education in Teaching from Manhattanville College in Purchase, NY.
This is my second year teaching in the Diocese of Bridgeport. Prior to joining the Diocese, I coached soccer and taught in Harrison, NY. My mother was a teacher for over 30 years and growing up in a household that values education, I understand and embrace my role as a teacher and as a leader in the community. In addition to teaching and coaching, I am also the President of the Harrison Youth Soccer Club.
Education / Certification
- B.A. Magna Cum Laude, History (Dartmouth College)
- M.A. Spanish (University of Madrid)
- M.A.T. Education (Manhattanville College)
Professional Experience / Recognition
- Presidential Scholar, Phi Beta Kappa - Dartmouth College
- Teachers award for Academic excellence - Manhattanville College
- President - Harrison Youth Soccer Club