Grade Three Teacher
I am excited to be teaching at the Catholic Academy of Stamford as it provides me with the opportunity to positively influence the development of young minds. Having grown up in a large Irish-Catholic family in Newcastle, Australia and having lived in England, I find I have unique life-experiences that I can use in bringing a new perspective to the classroom.
As a teacher I am a strong believer that my job is to help every student reach their fullest potential. With this in mind I also understand each student brings their own unique perspectives to the classroom and I differentiate my teaching around their learning. As a mother of two children with learning needs I understand the different learning styles of students and modify my curriculum to match their needs.
During the course of my career as an educator I have had the chance to work with a range of students and settings. This experience spans from working in Autistic Special Ed classrooms to teaching math in an alternative school and mainstream classrooms such as here at The Catholic Academy of Stamford.
As a third grade teacher at the Catholic Academy of Stamford I look forward to working with students at one of the most important and influential times in their academic lives.
- BA in American History with a minor in Psychology (Newcastle University, Australia)
- Masters in Education, Disability Studies (Newcastle University, Australia)
- Post-Grad Certification in Education, Elementary (K-6); summa cum laude (Drexel University, PA)
- Teaching Certification (K-6) Pennsylvania
- Orton Gillingham trained.